Filing Income Tax returns for NRI

I am an NRI, should I still have to file tax returns in India? I own a property in Bangalore and the tenant deducts tax (TDS). Should I still file my tax returns? etc., are the common questions we hear from Non Residents.

The answer is Yes. In case of non-residents, all income which accrues or arises in India such as rent from the property, interest from deposits, dividends from the company, gain from the sale of property are subject to tax. Wherever taxes are applicable and even if such taxes are deducted by the tenant or the buyer of the property, etc.,NRIs are obliged to file tax returns.

We at Balakrishna and co are serving hundreds of Non Residents over the last 3 decades. We have a dedicated team working only for Non Resident Indians. You can reach us on or skype – kumarprasad25 or +91 9845721255


Want to consult us?

  • Ph: 9845721255 / 9448080886,
  • Email:,
  • Balakrishna & Co|Chartered Accountants,
  • # 24,3rd Floor, Above State Bank of India,
  • 10th Cross, Wilson Garden, Bangalore - 27.

Want to consult us?

© Copyright 2018 All Rights Reserved.

Powered By Inventive Networks